Simple Machines Forum
Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous enregistrer.
Octobre 08, 2026, 02:38:45

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session
Recherche:     Recherche +
SMF - Just Installed
837126 Messages dans 669705 Sujets par 961192 Membres
Dernier membre: chickenroad-boolle
* Accueil Aide Recherche Identifiez-vous Enregistrez-vous
+  Simple Machines Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  soul head phones
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Imprimer
Auteur Sujet: soul head phones  (Lu 30 fois)
dfgBGhur
Newbie
*
Messages: 19


Voir le profil WWW
soul head phones
« le: Mai 09, 2013, 07:41:25 »

What is The Soul Prescription

when I first listerned to soul on the radio in the early 1970's, Radio 1 had a programme by Dave Simmonds (I think that was his name) and it ran from 5.00pm until 5.50pm on a Saturday tea time. Where can I obtain this?, as I have looked a little and cannot trace it. Is it an LP Track?Good luck to you soul by ludacris sl150 and keep on keeping the soulful vibes.

Wow, found you on the 'net and have listened most weeks for the past 10-20 weeks. read the website, your favourite stars are Mavis, Candi Aretha. Pretty close to mine. Liked the Dan Penn Spooner Oldham I'm Your Puppet live version, bought the album, not that good the rest - I guess you had to 'be there'. Here's one for you to think about playing - Shirley Brown - Passion (it's on the Woman to Woman album). Dave Morley

Great show, I listen to it regularly on the web. I have just one thing to comment about the last show. The song "I was made to love her" by Stevie Wonder was recorded entirely in Detroit with the Funk Brothers as band for the backing track. Which implies that James Jamerson was playing the famous bass-line. With his one index-finger. Carol Kaye claims to have played on several tracks that had LA versions recorded v-moda headphones best buy for other Motown Artists than the ones who cut the originals. This is where the confusion comes from. I'm a bassplayer myself who plays with a pick and this songs v-moda headphones best buy doesn't sound at all like being played with a pick, combined with the Beats by Dr Dre specific style of James Jamerson there's no doubt about who plays on this track. If you read The official James Jamerson 1989 biography "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" by Allan Slutsky (library of congress no: 88-51904, with a foreword by Berry Gordy), you'll find the score of the bass-line written out on page 169. Carol Kaye is a fantastic bass-player, I can only dream of ever playing like her, but she sure didn't play on this one. So could you please correct this on your next show? James can't do it anymore. Well done, mate. How about "Just a little misunderstanding" by The Contours, "Crazy 'bout you, baby" by Ike and Tina Turner and "Heaven must have sent you" by The Elgins for your listener's choice? Whatever, thank you so much for your great show, Will, and all the best from Oz.

After been into all types of soul music for 40 years,my love of the music remains as strong as ever. Though his taste was extremely diverse, soul was about 90% of my 'lessons' (blues, jazz and rock comprising the rest). Listening to your show takes me back to those long, smoky and soulful nights with my uncle who died 7 years ago. Thanks for the chance to rediscover my musical roots and remember my uncle. As for my selection, that's easy: 'I was made to love her' by Stevie Wonder, 'You keep me hangin' on' by Wilson Pickett (what a loss.) and 'What becomes of the broken hearted' by Jimmy Ruffin. Thanks, Rotem
Journalisée

Pages: [1] Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Propulsé par MySQL Propulsé par PHP Simple Machines Forum | Propulsé par SMF 1.0.7.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. Tous droits réservés.
XHTML 1.0 Transitionnel valide ! CSS valide !